incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Jean Weber <jeanwe...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: suggestion for OpenOffice
Date Sun, 26 Feb 2012 21:13:29 GMT
On 25/02/2012, at 6:26, John McClelland <JMcClell@roosevelt.edu> wrote:

> Also, I have noticed a tendency for the cursor's action to occur one place to the left
of where its screen position leads me to expect. Most pronounced with small type of any font
except Courier and where words and punctuation meet. I do most of my editing in Times 12 with
returns and spaces visible. The problem seems unique to OpenOffice.

> MacBook Pro 13 inch (2010) running OS 10.6.8.

I use a MacBook Air running the same OS, and I have seen the same problem at times.  I can
usually fix it by increasing the magnification of the page onscreen by a small percentage.
This does not change the font size, just your view of it.

Sometimes it is a font problem, when OpenOffice does not have the screen font installed. It
will use a similar font that may not display exactly right. For example, OOo uses Times New
Roman, not Times. You may need to install the screen font.

Jean Hollis Weber
Documentation