incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Yakov Reztsov <yakovr...@mail.ru>
Subject Re[2]: OOo4Kids
Date Sat, 11 Feb 2012 12:05:40 GMT

> Le 9 févr. 12 à 22:33, Rob Weir a écrit :
>
> > Hi Eric,
> >

> Hi Rob,
>
> > I finally found a few minutes to take a look at the OOo4Kids project.
> > It is a very interesting project.
>
> Thank you very much for your time  :-)
>
> > I like how it has simplified the UI for younger students and taken
> > other steps to accommodate their needs.
> >

> A lot of the work has been done with students from several engineers
> schools (UTBM, Centrale Nantes, Epitech Paris, and so on). I mentored
> most of them on IRC, to understand better the OOo source code, and
> how to write new code.
>
> For the features, we worked with teachers and simple people, who did
> obvious but relevant remarks. For the curious, the story of the
> changes, including how things have been done, is written on our wiki
> (http://wiki.ooo4kids.org).

Hi!
For ooo4kids.org will be intresting add grammar checker.
I am testing LightProof grammar checker with ooo4kids.org.

 LightProof  written in Python.
Old version of LightProof  work well with  ooo4kids, but
exist problem in install extension.
https://adullact.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=4961&group_id=645&atid=1781
Ooo4kids  in extensions manager described as OpenOffice.org3.0, but It codebase is OpenOffice.org3.2.

For new version of Lightproof (http://www.numbertext.org/lightproof/)  exist problem with
properties dialog for setup lightproof rules.
Probably  this feature is not implemented in OOo4Kids.

--
Yakov Reztsov