incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Yakov Reztsov <>
Subject Re[2]: OOo4Kids
Date Sat, 11 Feb 2012 12:05:40 GMT
> Le 9 févr. 12 à 22:33, Rob Weir a écrit :
> > Hi Eric,
> >
> Hi Rob,
> > I finally found a few minutes to take a look at the OOo4Kids project.
> > It is a very interesting project.
> Thank you very much for your time  :-)
> > I like how it has simplified the UI for younger students and taken
> > other steps to accommodate their needs.
> >
> A lot of the work has been done with students from several engineers
> schools (UTBM, Centrale Nantes, Epitech Paris, and so on). I mentored
> most of them on IRC, to understand better the OOo source code, and
> how to write new code.
> For the features, we worked with teachers and simple people, who did
> obvious but relevant remarks. For the curious, the story of the
> changes, including how things have been done, is written on our wiki
> (

For will be intresting add grammar checker.
I am testing LightProof grammar checker with

 LightProof  written in Python.
Old version of LightProof  work well with  ooo4kids, but
exist problem in install extension.
Ooo4kids  in extensions manager described as OpenOffice.org3.0, but It codebase is OpenOffice.org3.2.

For new version of Lightproof (  exist problem with
properties dialog for setup lightproof rules.
Probably  this feature is not implemented in OOo4Kids.

Yakov Reztsov
View raw message