incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Weir <robw...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [BZ] some customization?
Date Wed, 15 Feb 2012 00:46:23 GMT
On Tue, Feb 14, 2012 at 7:25 PM, Kay Schenk <kay.schenk@gmail.com> wrote:
> Can the default BZ bug entry forms be customized for a particular AOO
> "product".

Yes, we can customize the available versions and components per
product.  Any admin (like me) of our BZ instance can do this.

But there are limitations on what we can do:

1) it is very easy to add new versions or components to a product

2) It is very easy to rename versions or components in a product

3) It is harder to remove versions or components from a product.  All
issues that refer to the version or component would first need to be
edited to make them point to a different version and component.

4) I don't see any way to set the default component or default
version.  It appears to default to whatever version is last in the
list.

5) In the next version of BZ there will be the ability for admins to
hide components and versions, so they do not show up in the form for
new issues.  I think that will make things much easier for us.