incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Weir <robw...@apache.org>
Subject Re: How can we get OpenOffice started with Pootle?
Date Wed, 29 Feb 2012 02:09:15 GMT
On Tue, Feb 28, 2012 at 8:11 PM, Raphael Bircher
<rbircher_aoo@bluewin.ch> wrote:
> Am 29.02.12 01:33, schrieb Rob Weir:
>
>> The legacy OpenOffice.org project used Pootle for translation
>> management.  I'm told that we have Pootle server now available at
>> Apache.  Is that correct?
>>
>> What do we need to do get the OpenOffice podling enabled for Pootle?
>> We have *.po data files to load.  Should we gather them and enter a
>> Infra JIRA ticket?  Should we also nominate some Pootle admin users
>> from the project?
>
> Ehm... I have allready admin, and I have also command line access to this
> mashine. But, there are people who want to release soon. Let's focus on this
> now. If we realy need to change same po files we can do this at the moment
> with a offline editor. I will care after the release that we have the whole
> translation online. Maybe also look for a automatic sync with the source. I
> will talk with infra about this after the Release

I'd like to move this forward now.  If we're not using Pootle for 3.4
then there should not be a problem.  Certainly it will not conflict
with 3.4 if 3.4 is not using Pootle.  But we do have people stepping
forward now who would like to work on translations.  So maybe this
allows them to start on translations that could be in a 3.4.1?

In any case, I don't see any good reason to hold back Pootle access
from those who want to start this work now.

-Rob