incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Weir <robw...@apache.org>
Subject Re: OpenOffice.org meetup in Holland
Date Sat, 11 Feb 2012 15:44:36 GMT
On Sat, Feb 11, 2012 at 10:22 AM, drew <drew@baseanswers.com> wrote:
> On Sat, 2012-02-11 at 08:59 -0600, Alexandro Colorado wrote:
>> If anyone lives in Holland and want to meetup with OOo users, I just
>> got the tip:
>>
>> There is an Open Source business club in the South of Holland
>> (http://www.osbc.nl). They have a meeting at the 1st of March 2012
>> regarding OpenOffice.org, maybe this can be of interest for you?
>>

> Good post Alexandro.
>
> Well, the web site says that Cor will be giving a few words on what's up
> with OO.o - not sure he is really following what is going here
> particularly closely, don't know. But I do talk with him often.

Cool.  Maybe I should sign up to give LibreOffice presentations at conferences?

> *chuckling* - remember that telephone game from parties when you where a
> kid?
>
> So - what would folks want to most to tell him if he is reading this (or
> me as I am, to tell him) to tell them about the state of OpenOffice.org?

I'm not sure it would help in this particular case, but we should
probably develop a standard project overview presentation that we can
keep up-to-date and translate.   Cover the basics of what AOO is as a
product, platforms, languages, functionality, standards supported,
etc., then discuss Apache and AOO as a project, and then end with
future plans and an invitation to get involved.  If we had such a 20
slide presentation, it would make it easier for project members, and
other interested parties, to help spread the word at smaller events.

Is there a standard Apache presentation template?

-Rob