incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Weir <robw...@apache.org>
Subject Logo request for website listing money saving software links
Date Fri, 17 Feb 2012 16:43:53 GMT
A request has come to the private list, asking permission to use the
logo for a website.

The request is not very detailed, but it looks like the link would be
directing back to us for a download

IMHO we would be well served by having two logos:

1) One that clearly identifies the AOO product and is used only for
our official websites, authorized releases, etc.    It is like our
corporate seal (if we had one).  It is a mark that indicates the
authenticity of a product of this project, whether a software release,
a website, a press release or whatever.  We want there to be no
confusion that when this logo is used, it vouched for the source of
the item to which the logo is affixed.  The source is the Apache
OpenOffice project.

2) One or more other logos, perhaps based on the first, but distinct.
Maybe a "Get Apache OpenOffice" logo, or similar. This would be a
"friend of the project" logo, a "I <heart> AOO" logo, or "Powered by
AOO"or similar that could be used more freely, with the only
requirement  being that the logo must always link to our homepage (or
download page?) and to nothing else.

The nice thing about this approach is we can issue a blanket
permission statement on the 2nd logo

-Rob