incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Weir <robw...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Security] Spam to Old OOo L10n Mailing Lists
Date Wed, 22 Feb 2012 01:20:43 GMT
On Tue, Feb 21, 2012 at 6:49 PM, imacat <imacat@mail.imacat.idv.tw> wrote:
> Dear all,
>
>    I got a phishing spam to "announce@zh.openoffice.org" that appears
> to be from "support@zh.openoffice.org".  I cannot manage or change the
> setting of "announce@zh.openoffice.org" now.  The old l10n lists have
> become a security hole.  Is there anyway we can do on this?  Can we
> close these lists ASAP?

Shutting down the lists from the Apache side (via DNS) has been
delayed.  We have no easy way to distinguish list traffic from
openoffice.org email forwarding traffic.   And we cannot shutdown the
email forwarder until we have the extensions and templates site's
authentication system working again.

However.... maybe it is possible to address this now from the Oracle
side?  These lists are on Oracle systems, presumably under Project
Kenai. Maybe we can disable the lists -- either selectively or
entirely -- on a faster time table?

Andrew, what do you think?  Is this something that could be done?

-Rob