incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Weir <robw...@apache.org>
Subject Re: 2012-02-01 PPMC Status: End of Initial Committer Establishment
Date Thu, 02 Feb 2012 22:16:37 GMT
On Wed, Feb 1, 2012 at 11:38 AM, Dennis E. Hamilton <orcmid@apache.org> wrote:
> As of the end of day, 2012-01-31, the Apache OpenOffice podling has 85
> committers, with 67 on the PPMC.
>
> Since the previous, 2011-11-17, report there is an increase of 4 committers
> and 9 PPMC members.
>
> There are no outstanding iCLAs for initial committers and there are no
> remaining eligible initial committers who have not established themselves.

As an aside, we all owe Dennis as big round of thanks for his constant
attention to the Committer on-boarding process since the day this
project started.

This work is behind the scenes, not visible to the public.  Most of
this, being personal and sensitive, is done on the ooo-private list.
But much of this process runs on a spreadsheet-based workflow that
Dennis devised, that tracks project participants who signed up as
Initial Committers, through the several required steps of submitting
ICLAs, picking ID's, etc.  He also adapted his system to track the new
Committers that we vote in from time to time.

So thanks from me to Dennis.  It is great to say we've reached this
milestone now.

Would it be correct to now update our podling status file and set the
dates of all the "Establish a list of active committers" items to
2012-02-01 ?

http://incubator.apache.org/projects/openofficeorg.html

Regards,

-Rob