incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Weir <robw...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Help Wanted
Date Wed, 29 Feb 2012 12:59:40 GMT
On Tue, Feb 28, 2012 at 10:52 PM, Jacob Yturri <jbyturri@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am looking to apply for any of the help wanted jobs. I webmaster in my
> spare time and it is my passion and hobby. I would be willing to work on
> the website. I would also be willing to help plan Apache's Office Suite. I
> do not mind learning new and or hard things, and I believe that this would
> be fun and engaging.

Hi Jacob,

Welcome to the Apache OpenOffice project!

Are you fluent in any languages other than English?  Right now one of
our more urgent needs is for help translating the openoffice.org
homepage into other languages.  We want to have a good experience
there to synch with the release of Apache OpenOffice 3.4.  Is that
something you can help with?

We also need help testing the 3.4 dev snapshot builds on Windows, Mac
or Linux.  I can give you more information on that if you are
interested.

As you can tell, we're very focused on getting out the 3.4 release
right now.  There will be more opportunities for new work and more
creative work after 3.4 is released.

Regards,

-Rob