incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Weir <robw...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Reminder: Not all list posts are from list subscribers
Date Fri, 17 Feb 2012 03:33:43 GMT
On Thu, Feb 16, 2012 at 9:44 PM, Dennis E. Hamilton
<dennis.hamilton@acm.org> wrote:
> I am so happy:

> (first post on the "Document Recovery" thread).
>
> Since someone connected the dots about mailing-list addresses in the headers, and I discovered
that Outlook will filter on SMTP-header text matches, I no longer feel like the ugly duckling
in this world of *nix users.

> As a moderator, I tend to grant a responsible sender with an "accept" that covers future
posts as well.  I don't know if that is effective always.  I also don't know that, if it
is, future posts are still identifiable as from a non-subscriber.  I will have to test that.

I do the same for users who are repeat posters, but where it is clear
they would not be subscribers  For example , the reminders we get to
prepare the quarterly Board Reports.

I assume something similar would have been done for Confluence wiki
notification, SVN commit logs and BZ notifications.  So maybe those
headers can be checked to give some indication that they are from
non-list subscribers?

-Rob