incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Weir <robw...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [RELEASE]: source release script
Date Mon, 06 Feb 2012 18:22:39 GMT
2012/2/6 J├╝rgen Schmidt <jogischmidt@googlemail.com>:
> Hi,
>
> I am currently work on a script to package a source release zip, tar.gz
> file.
>
> The idea is to do it later as part of our build bot builds and without
> copying files into a tmp directory or so to reflect the final directory
> structure.
>
> At the moment I am playing with an ant script that allows me to zip the
> necessary directories with an exclude list and to prefix everything with a
> configurable directory name (e.g aoo-3.4). And it allows me to copy some
> files like the main/NOTICE file into the new root directory.

Is this able to ignore all the hidden .svn folders?

> The structure can look like
>
> aoo-3.4/NOTICE
> aoo-3.4/README
> aoo-3.4/LICNESE
> aoo-3.4/...
> aoo-3.4/main/...
> aoo-3.4/extras/...
> aoo-3.4/ext_libraries/...
>
> The nice thing with ant is that I can easy convert a generated zip file into
> a tar.gz file. But ok that takes some time where as creating the zip file
> was quite fast.
>
> Does anybody has a better idea how to do that without copying all the files
> in a final directory structure or checking out the files into a target
> directory for example aoo3.4.

"svn export" will bring down the files without the .svn tracking
folders.  But that is still a separate download.

I wonder if ant is jut calling java.io.zip stuff to do the archiving?
If so, it might be a lot faster to call a native zip utility.

Question:  if we do ZIP on Windows, will it preserve the executable
bits on files?  If not, maybe we want to create the source package
only from the Linux buildbot and never on the others.