incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From lou ql <louqin...@gmail.com>
Subject how to install individual component on linux?
Date Fri, 17 Feb 2012 06:25:45 GMT
I'm running on redhat 6.1.

In installing guide it says:

"Installing individual components is the same as above but only requires
the specific module be
installed. For example, install all core rpms and then install those for
each module you wish, such
as, openoffice.org-impress-2.0.0-1.i586.rpm to install only Impress"

so, I installed ooodev-ure-3.4.0-9586.i586.rpm and the 7 core packages.
then try ooo-dev3-calc-3.4XXX.rpm..
but dependency massage appears: ooo-dev3 is needed. when I install
ooo-dev3, ooobasis-dev3.4-images is needed...

then I followed the message and installed:
 ooobasis-dev3.4-images-XXXX.rpm
 ooo-dev3-3.4XXXX.rpm
 ooobasis-dev3.4-calc-XXX.rpm
 ooo-dev3-calc.XXX.rpm

But, soffice cannot run after that...

Then I tried another way:
1. remove all the packages installed except ooodev-ure by command rpm -e
`rpm -qa | grep ooo`
2. install all basis rpms: rpm -ivh ooobasis*.rpm
3. install ooo-dev3-3.4.0XXX.rpm
4. run soffice from /opt/dev3, succeed, and all the components are able to
be used. I can new each type of application...

There are still 7 rpms not installed:
ooo-dev3-base...rpm
ooo-dev3-calc...rpm
ooo-dev3-draw...rpm