incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From xia zhao <lilyzh...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Suggest to disable "Edit File" button on toolbar in some cases
Date Wed, 22 Feb 2012 09:11:14 GMT
Li Feng,

I guess your step 2 means "Edit File" on toolbar.

Also I don't understand "Disable" you talked about here? Do you means
"Grey" that button? Just like when user create one calc document?
This button on toolbar is used to give user flexiability to edit or
read-only the document though no password to proctect this document.
Disabling it may hurt the user flexiability, considering the scenario that
when one user do some modification and save and then he just want to view
this document. In this case, he can disable the edit function by clicking
"Edit File" on toolbar in case during his navigation he may give some
mistype input.

This is just my thoughts, this is one user experience issue and everyones's
feedback.

Best Regards,

Lily