incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From xia zhao <lilyzh...@gmail.com>
Subject AOO 3.4 QA Weekly Status Report As of 2012/2/22(2012/2/15~2012/2/22)
Date Thu, 23 Feb 2012 03:21:33 GMT
Hello everyone!  This is Lily (Xia Zhao) in Beijing.  I've been working on
QA for AOO 3.4.  I will give a weekly report on the quality of the 3.4
Apache OpenOffice.  Not everyone watches 100% of BZ notifications.  A
report is a good way to know the status.

*AOO 3.4 Overall QA Status:
*Based on the test plan:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/Release-QA-Plan
55% IP clearance testing have been done.  These are the tests of areas most
impacted by removed/replaced modules due to IP clearance.
70% general testing have been done.  These are general functional tests.
*AOO 3.4 QA Weekly Status Report as of 2012/2/22 (2012/2/15 - 2012/2/22):
*Test build: dev snapshot builds: Rev. 1240836,1240872,1243392
Test Platforms: Windows XP SP3, Mac 10.6.8, Ubuntu 10.04, Redhat 6.1
Test Cases Executed:

6 modules of IP clearance
ooo_crystal_images-1.tar.gz
ooo_oxygen_images-2009-06-17
3rd party/external library javamail
3rd party/external library gdk-pixbuf
libneon removement testing
berkeleydb
5 function areas of General testing:
Installer (Clean/Upgrade)
Security
Toolbar
Chart (still 60% left)
Writer Envelope

*Defects Summary:
*So far 282 defects raised against 3.4beta, AOO dev and 3.4m0
Among them, 44 critical defects raised and 23 ones remain opening now.
21 defects raised in this week,and 4 defects closed.

So far based on my observation and my testing, no much special platform
problems. Though some bugs are makred with specifical platform but I need
double check if it is due to reporter only has that platform build or it
did only reproduced on given platform. Currently most bugs about core
functions, undo/redo is one weak area, also the stability is one potential
problem. Next week we plan do more interoperability testing and more
stability general testing, suppose more defects may be raised.

*Risk:
*The high risk for AOO 3.4 is during the migration from OO to AOO, many
test cases lost and no one large automation suite can be used for
regression testing now. So I did appreciate everyone's contribution to QA
works.

If you have interesting in QA work and decide to contribute to it, please
go to AOO 3.4 main page: http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/QA.
Get dev build from:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/AOO+3.4+Unofficial+Developer+Snapshots
Write your case by edit this page:
http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/QA/TestCases/
And place your result:
http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/QA/TestResults

Or you may just do general testing based on your usage without test cases
or testing result and just raise defects in Bugzilla directly:
https://issues.apache.org/ooo/

Any contribution is welcome and can contribute to this project's success!

Thanks&Best Regrads,

Lily