incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Zhe Liu <aliu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Plan to deliver the GUI test Java library on the next release
Date Wed, 22 Feb 2012 12:30:32 GMT
Hi  Reizinger Zoltán,

2012/2/22 Reizinger Zoltán <zreizinger@hdsnet.hu>:
> Hi,
> I'm interested in this tool, but I'm not a programmer, I can describe me as
> power user, and I did some QA on database part of OOo.
> This tool can be used by non programmers?

Yes, but a little bit of basic Java knowleadge is required. Since the
test script generally doesn't need complex logic, I think it's a piece
of cake for you. In addition,I plan to develop some Eclipse plugins to
assist the user to write test case more easily.

> I used the VCL tool in past, with the predefined tests, never created new
> tests.
> The new tool difficulty level will be same as the VCL test tool and, I can
> use it without deep java programming knowledge.
> I can use Eclipse or Netbeans on basic level.
It's enough. To write test case, we don't need the advanced Java
knowledge, e.g. thread, network, and J2EE. IMHO, Java is easier to
read and write than starbasic. Though I has been programming for long
time, I am frustrated to write Vcl TestTool script.
Maybe I am used to Java.

--
Best Regards