incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Jean Weber <>
Subject Re: Symphony documentation for AOO?
Date Tue, 14 Feb 2012 21:05:08 GMT
On Wed, Feb 15, 2012 at 06:51, Jean Weber <> wrote:
> At what point, and in what form, will the Symphony user documentation
> be made available for updating to AOO? AFAIK, it's all delivered
> online, but details about production tools would be useful. If this
> info is on the wiki or in the list archives, a pointer to that info
> would suffice.
> Also, will some or all of the documentation developers for Symphony be
> joining us here? I'd like to start (as soon as practical) to discuss
> how people from ODFAuthors (assuming anyone left there is interested),
> new volunteers (assuming there are, or will be, any) and previous
> Symphony documenters can work together most efficiently. I have some
> ideas and am prepared to JFDI, but I very much want to avoid
> duplicating others' efforts or working at cross-purposes.
> Perhaps someone from IBM knows the answers to my questions?

Doing some more research, and recalling some discussions from months
ago, I see the current Symphony user docs are on a wiki, of which some
content is controlled and some is open for user editing. Will that be
ported to AOO?

It's very complete and has many features for community input and
discussion. I feel a bit daunted by the thought of working with such a
system without a (large enough) team of people with the time and
knowledge to oversee and update it... something we never had at OOo.
Hence my interest in the potential of IBM doc developers'

View raw message