incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Jean Weber <jeanwe...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Blog idea: interviews with AOO developers
Date Tue, 14 Feb 2012 20:40:24 GMT
On Wed, Feb 15, 2012 at 05:29, Rob Weir <robweir@apache.org> wrote:
> Something like this:
>
> 1.  Email interview off-list with an AOO contributor.  Questions like:
> tell us about yourself, where you live, what you do for a living.
> What is your development machine?  How did you start working with
> OpenOffice?   Why?  What is your favorite contribution?  What other
> OSS projects do you work with?   Stuff like that.
>
> 2. Interview might take several exchanges via email, to follow up on
> questions.  Interviewer then assembles this into a draft, reviews with
> interviewee.
>
> 3. Interviewer then posts as a blog post, hopefully with a photograph
> of the interviewee.
>
> We have a lot of interesting people working on this project.  So I
> think we could have a lot of interesting posts from this.
>
> Any volunteers to be interviewed?  Any volunteers to do the interviewing?
>
> I'll volunteer to help, of course.
>
> -Rob

This is an excellent idea. I wish I could volunteer to do some
interviewing, but I am too over-committed at this time to even
consider it.

I suggest also some interviews with contributors who are NOT
developers, to help spread the word that coding is not the only way to
contribute and that non-coders do valuable and often essential work.
Obviously some of the questions would be a bit different, but the idea
would be the same. I would love to be involved as both an interviewee
and and an interviewer, but not at this time.

--Jean