incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Wolf Halton <wolf.hal...@gmail.com>
Subject Proposal for use of funds collected by SPI
Date Fri, 10 Feb 2012 20:29:06 GMT
for quite a while.  They wanted to help the project and their help is
appreciated.  Now that we are part of the ASF family, we have some
important choices to make.

First and foremost, we must request SPI to stop their collections
efforts.  AOO cannot receive the money directly as ASF does that.
Second, we need to find out how much they have collected so far.
Third, we need to decide how we would like to use the money they have
collected.
          In general, it would make sense to use the funds for holding
or supporting events, with guidance from the ASF Conference Committee

              travel assistance with guidance from the aptly named
Travel Assistance Committee

        and possibly marketing with help from the Trademarks Committee
and Marketing Committee

        We absolutely cannot pay people to develop our software with
the money, per ASF rules.
I volunteered to move this forward and I would like your feedback,
maybe a general poll of what you, the community, would like to do with
the money.

Once I have some idea of your wishes, I will connect the dots to close
this issue.

Cheers,

Wolf Halton