incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Wolf Halton <wolf.hal...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: http://www.openoffice.org/
Date Tue, 14 Feb 2012 16:23:38 GMT
On Tue, Feb 14, 2012 at 10:35 AM, Armin Le Grand <Armin.Le.Grand@me.com> wrote:
>        Hi Wolf,
>
> On 14.02.2012 14:08, Wolf Halton wrote:
>>
>> On Tue, Feb 14, 2012 at 4:25 AM, Armin Le Grand<Armin.Le.Grand@me.com>
>>  wrote:
>
> [..]
>>
>> That is the proper landing page for openoffice.org, but we are an
>> incubating podling, so it is valid to have the incubator logos there.
>> This is the Apache incubator main page. http://incubator.apache.org/
>

> Sure, but my question is why is there an OpenOffice.org top-left and
> openoffive.org usages, do we not want to change that to the product name
> which is 'Apache OpenOffice'...?
>
>> Cheers
>> -Wolf
>>

> Sincerely,
>        Armin
> --
> ALG

Hi Armin,
Now I understand.  You're right, It should say Apache OpenOffice,
since that ended up being the name we chose.  I went and looked at the
Hadoop site http://hadoop.apache.org/ where the Apache part of the
name is prominent.  Drew made up the logo currently there, I believe.
Just changing the logo and maybe a couple of additions to the name in
a few text blocks would be good.

Wolf