incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@opendirective.com>
Subject Re: Apache OpenOffice Extensions Website restored at SourceForge
Date Sat, 25 Feb 2012 10:40:17 GMT
I totally agree that this is "(3) This is /super/ good news" however,
i request that a little time is taken to properly review the site and
have the DNS updated appropriately before "and should go out on
ooo-announce, blogs, et al. I will forward to ooo-users."

I'm not likely to be able to review myself for at least a week. There
is no need to wait for me to do so, the PPMC is perfectly capable of
this. However, remember that the approval from the board was
conditional on there being no advertising on any ASF owned domain
name. We need to verify that this is the case. I did remind Roberto of
this condition during development so I have no reason to suspect that
this is not the case already. I'm just requesting a full review from
the PPMC before we make public statements.

Of course, if the sourceforge.net domain is going to be the official
domain then this requirement is irrelevant.

In addition, I'd like to ask the community here to consider how best
to engage the TDF in the future of this service. I doubt they will be
comfortable with this service being a main repository for Libre Office
and I guess that, over time, there will be some extensions that will
not work in both applications. However I wonder if there is an
opportunity here to invite the TDF to work with us as we move forwards
on the extensions service?

Finally, and most importantly, a big "thank you" to Roberto and the
team at SF or making this work out for the AOO project.

Ross

--
Ross Gardler (@rgardler)
Programme Leader (Open Development)