incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@opendirective.com>
Subject Re: selling open office
Date Wed, 29 Feb 2012 09:34:59 GMT
On 28 February 2012 20:01, Donald Whytock <dwhytock@gmail.com> wrote:
> There was talk of a "Powered by AOO" logo.  Maybe this should be
> propogated up to the foundation to have an "Apache Inside" logo?

No, that is not how it (currently) works around here. Providing a
foundation wide "Apache inside" logo doesn't seem to make sense to me.
It means that huge numbers of Java applications would have "Apache
inside" because of the almost universal use of the various Commons
libraries. I can't speak for the Trademarks committee but I very much
doubt they would want to take on managing such a situation. If you
want to challenge that opinion the right place to do it is
trademarks@a.o

It is critical that AOO recognises that each project is responsible
for their own trademark management beyond the standard Apache policy.
Trademarks@ is there to provide support when necessary, but this PPMC
is responsible for day to day management. The AOO project ***needs***