incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@opendirective.com>
Subject Re: admin permissions on old OOo
Date Wed, 01 Feb 2012 08:31:55 GMT
On Feb 1, 2012 3:40 AM, "Louis Suárez-Potts" <lsuarezpotts@gmail.com> wrote:

> I am *not* saying we ought to do the same thing here. Quite the
> opposite. I have maintained that it's best to focus on development and
> contribution here and to have a proper focus users elsewhere, though
> "elsewhere" could easily be within the generous embrace of Apache.
>
> louis

+1

That's how ASF projects work and it's how a broad range of contributors get
paid for their work. It's useful to know that you feel this would be a
better model for AOO given the lessons from history in OOo.

There is always the user list for those users who fall in-between supported
users and active contributors, thatis those who are happy with a self-help
community.

Ross