incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Ji Yan <yanji...@gmail.com>
Subject Proposal for AOO test tool
Date Mon, 13 Feb 2012 11:55:20 GMT
Hi all,

  Recently, I'm thinking about how testing work should be done and what the
procedure should followed under Apache OO structure. Before OO goes into
ASF, testing work was controlled by QUASTe and manual test cases stored in
TCM but both tools were disconnected once Oracle donated OO to Apache. Now,
it's time for us to think about how can we move on for testing.
  While within AOO 3.4, we store the manual scripts in wiki page, it's good
place at this time, but should not be permanent. As it's hard to tell test
status and collect testing data, also it has no connection with automation
test tool.
  After review some tools, I find the "Test Link"[1], maybe the proper tool
for us to manage testing work. If anyone has any suggestion on other tools,
please let me know. The target is to customize and deploy it to OO
website. I'll move forward with this tool with no objection

[1] http://testlink.sourceforge.net/docs/testLink.php
--

Thanks & Best Regards, Yan Ji