incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Kay Schenk <kay.sch...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: update for http://www.openoffice.org/marketing/contacts.html
Date Wed, 22 Feb 2012 17:02:46 GMT
On Tue, Feb 21, 2012 at 9:16 AM, Dave Fisher <dave2wave@comcast.net> wrote:

> [...]
>
> > On Tue, Feb 21, 2012 at 11:50 AM, J├╝rgen Schmidt
> > <jogischmidt@googlemail.com> wrote:
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> I noticed a reference in the readme file to this page [1] with marketing
> >> contacts. I think we have to update this page, any volunteers?
> >>

> > I'd be inclined to remove the entire list of marketing contacts from
> > the websiteand just point everyone to the ooo-marketing mailing list.
> >
> > For the readme file, this is the page we're using for the "get involved"
> link:
> >
> > http://incubator.apache.org/openofficeorg/get-involved.html
> >
> > Maybe we make that be the centralized place we direct new volunteers,
> > and then enhance that page with more info overtime.
>
> Discuss, but IMHO - JFDI - Any committer is empowered to make this change.
> Simply navigate to the page and start the bookmarklet.
>
> If the time the CMS took in the past has put you off then I would suggest
> that you try it again. Joe is continuing to make improvements and the
> performance should not be too bad.
>
> Best Regards,
> Dave
>

> > -Rob
> >
> >> Or any other opinion where the readme should point to ...
> >>
> >> "....
> >> Joining one or more Projects
> >>
> >> You can make major contributions to this important open source project
> even
> >> if you have limited software design or coding experience. Yes, you!
> >>
> >> At http://projects.openoffice.org/index.html you will find projects
> ranging
> >> from Localization, Porting and Groupware to some real core coding
> projects.
> >> If you are not a developer, try the Documentation or the Marketing
> Project.
> >> The OpenOffice.org Marketing Project is applying both guerilla and
> >> traditional commercial techniques to marketing open source software,
> and we
> >> are doing it across language and cultural barriers, so you can help
> just by
> >> spreading the word and telling a friend about this office suite.
> >>
> >> You can help by joining the Marketing Communications & Information
> Network
> >> on http://marketing.openoffice.org/contacts.html where you can provide
> point
> >> communication contact with press, media, government agencies,
> consultants,
> >> schools, Linux Users Groups and developers in your country and local
> >> community.
> >>
> >> We hope you enjoy working with the new OpenOffice.org 3.4 and will join
> us
> >> online.
> >>
> >> The OpenOffice.org Community
> >> ..."
> >>

> >> Maybe some people can review the README in our binary release and give
> some
> >> feedback.
> >>
> >> I have already removed the "registration" and "survey" part. And I have

juergen, Rob--

It looks like http://www.openoffice.org/marketing/contacts.html has been
modified appropriately.

I will remove the contacts from
http://projects.openoffice.org/index.htmltoday sometime and add back
the Marketing project under the Promotion icon
(looks like we lost it somehow.)

re changes to the current README, please see my suggestion below (one line
added -- bolded)

[...]

*Please see "Get Involved"  (
http://incubator.apache.org/openofficeorg/get-involved.html) for much more
information on helping.
*
We hope you enjoy working with the new OpenOffice.org 3.4 and will join us
online.

The OpenOffice.org Community

MzK

"Follow your bliss."