incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Kay Schenk <kay.sch...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: AOO 3.4 QA Weekly Status Report As of 2012/2/22(2012/2/15~2012/2/22)
Date Sat, 25 Feb 2012 17:02:42 GMT
On Wed, Feb 22, 2012 at 11:12 PM, eric b <eric.bachard@free.fr> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Thank you very much for this very complete and interesting work.
>
> It realy helps to make a point on the current Apache OpenOffice status,
> and IMHO, worth to be communicated.
>

> Regards,
> Eric Bachard

Ditto from me! Very illuminating and nice to have things summarized this
way.  I haven't really kept up with a lot of the communication on BZ. Is
there any possibility a series of queries could be created that would
produce summary information like this and linked from  the community wiki
area?

That is...in

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/Wiki+Home

but maybe a new area entirely? like "On-Going Reports" or something like
that?

> [...]
>> most
>> impacted by removed/replaced modules due to IP clearance.
>> 70% general testing have been done.  These are general functional tests.
>> *AOO 3.4 QA Weekly Status Report as of 2012/2/22 (2012/2/15 - 2012/2/22):
>> *Test build: dev snapshot builds: Rev. 1240836,1240872,1243392
>> Test Platforms: Windows XP SP3, Mac 10.6.8, Ubuntu 10.04, Redhat 6.1
>> Test Cases Executed:
>>
>> 6 modules of IP clearance
>> ooo_crystal_images-1.tar.gz
>> ooo_oxygen_images-2009-06-17
>> 3rd party/external library javamail
>> 3rd party/external library gdk-pixbuf
>> libneon removement testing
>> berkeleydb
>> 5 function areas of General testing:
>> Installer (Clean/Upgrade)
>> Security
>> Toolbar
>> Chart (still 60% left)
>> Writer Envelope
>>
>> *Defects Summary:
>> *So far 282 defects raised against 3.4beta, AOO dev and 3.4m0
>> Among them, 44 critical defects raised and 23 ones remain opening now.
>> 21 defects raised in this week,and 4 defects closed.
>>
>> So far based on my observation and my testing, no much special platform
>> problems. Though some bugs are makred with specifical platform but I need
>> double check if it is due to reporter only has that platform build or it
>> did only reproduced on given platform. Currently most bugs about core
>> functions, undo/redo is one weak area, also the stability is one potential
>> problem. Next week we plan do more interoperability testing and more
>> stability general testing, suppose more defects may be raised.
>>
>> *Risk:
>> *The high risk for AOO 3.4 is during the migration from OO to AOO, many
>> test cases lost and no one large automation suite can be used for
>> regression testing now. So I did appreciate everyone's contribution to QA
>> works.
>>
>> If you have interesting in QA work and decide to contribute to it, please
>> go to AOO 3.4 main page: http://wiki.services.**openoffice.org/wiki/QA<http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/QA>
>> .
>> Get dev build from:
>> https://cwiki.apache.org/**confluence/display/OOOUSERS/**
>> AOO+3.4+Unofficial+Developer+**Snapshots<https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/AOO+3.4+Unofficial+Developer+Snapshots>
>> Write your case by edit this page:
>> http://wiki.services.**openoffice.org/wiki/QA/**TestCases/<http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/QA/TestCases/>
>> And place your result:
>> http://wiki.services.**openoffice.org/wiki/QA/**TestResults<http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/QA/TestResults>
>>
>> Or you may just do general testing based on your usage without test cases
>> or testing result and just raise defects in Bugzilla directly:
>> https://issues.apache.org/ooo/
>>
>> Any contribution is welcome and can contribute to this project's success!

MzK

"Follow your bliss."
         -- attributed to Joseph Campbell