incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Kay Schenk <kay.sch...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [BZ] some customization?
Date Wed, 15 Feb 2012 17:00:07 GMT
On Tue, Feb 14, 2012 at 5:02 PM, Dave Fisher <dave2wave@comcast.net> wrote:

> On Feb 14, 2012, at 4:46 PM, Rob Weir wrote:
>
> > On Tue, Feb 14, 2012 at 7:25 PM, Kay Schenk <kay.schenk@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> >> Can the default BZ bug entry forms be customized for a particular AOO
> >> "product".
> >>

> > Yes, we can customize the available versions and components per
> > product.  Any admin (like me) of our BZ instance can do this.
> >
> > But there are limitations on what we can do:
> >
> > 1) it is very easy to add new versions or components to a product
> >
> > 2) It is very easy to rename versions or components in a product
> >
> > 3) It is harder to remove versions or components from a product.  All
> > issues that refer to the version or component would first need to be
> > edited to make them point to a different version and component.
> >
> > 4) I don't see any way to set the default component or default
> > version.  It appears to default to whatever version is last in the
> > list.

Thanks for the info Rob. I'm NOT a BZ admin so I didn't know what was
available for capabilities at the moment. I am working on/contemplating the
"Report Problems with this Website" link and action for such as you
sggested with having user got to BZ to report problems.  I looked at the
"new issue" process and this is why I asked.

In addition to NOT needing a "version" for web site pages, I'm sure there
are other areas where some of these inputs could and should be hidden.

> See: http://www.openoffice.org/qa/issue_handling/submission_gateway.html
>
> Click "writer" you get
> https://issues.apache.org/ooo/enter_bug.cgi?product=Word%20Processor

Hi Dave...OK, thanks....really I would just like these menu boxes -- the
"component" and "version" to just not appear at all for certain bug
filings...I got it that you can epitomize for searches but NOT new entries.

OK, thanks.