incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Kay Schenk <kay.sch...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [RELEASE]: preparation for our first release
Date Sat, 25 Feb 2012 16:53:52 GMT
2012/2/24 Jürgen Schmidt <jogischmidt@googlemail.com>

> Hi,
>
> we move closer forward to our first release.
>
> I would like to suggest that we focus on the following areas next week.
> And I would like to propose the following schedule depending on the
> progress we will make next week.
>

> Monday: Feb. 27th new dev snapshots
> Monday: March 5th first RC candidate (based on the progress next week)
>
>  Jürgen --

Good goals and good luck to us! I will certainly do what I can next week to
make this happen! As you (and others) have pointed out, a working 3.4 of
OpenOffice.org existed as early as last April or May . Hopefully, the
substitutions to make Apache OpenOffice IP ready have been successful. I am
looking forward to learning more about the distribution/packaging process
and producing a successful Apache OpenOffice release.

- increase QA work
> - focus on stabilization, means focus on showstopper issues
> - finalize the About dialog information, input for future bug reports
> - online update service
>
> - updating building guides in the wiki
>

> - documentation update can be run in parallel and are independent of the
> binary release
> - translation update, we have made minimal UI changes only and we will use
> the 3.4 beta translation that were in place.
>
> Anything else that comes into your minds?
>
> I have started to work on the MacOS building guide and have simplified
> some things (work ongoing).
>
> We need some volunteers who take a look on the other platforms. Especially
> reference to the hg repo should be removed/replaced to our svn repo.
> Information about childworkspaces can be removed because it is not longer
> relevant for us. I would say the focus should be on simplification.
>
> What do others think about it?
>
> Juergen

MzK

"Follow your bliss."