incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Jing Bai <jingbaibe...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Symphony documentation for AOO?
Date Fri, 17 Feb 2012 06:16:12 GMT
Greetings, I am Betsy Bai who leads the ID team in IBM Symphony team.
Actually, it is not like that. "The product teams at IBM don't do their own
doc."
Symphony has its own documentation in three forms. First is the product
help that is one of the plugin that embedded in the product. In Symphony,
simply click Help > Help Content, the help would be launch in the IEHS. The
second one is the infomation center that are available on the internet:
http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/symphony/v1r1/index.jsp for
Symphony, 1.1 and 1.2. Starting from Symphony 1.3, all the help information
is available on Symphony wiki: http://www-10.lotus.com/ldd/lswiki.nsf, WIKI
help is collabrative and can be edited and commented by others.

Since the Symphony 3.0 product is based on OpenOffice 3.0, actually the
help content base is also based on OpenOffice 3.0. We converted the help
files from *.xhp to *.dita, customize the help to be consistent with the UI
and generated the Eclipse help plugins. So there are no too many content
differences between Symphony 3.0.1 help and AOO3.4, only the format and
help console is different.

After discussed with Erik Ma, for AOO4.0, considering the tight schedule,
we would like to contribute all the new and changed help files to AOO in
xhp format and reuse the current OO help mechnism. The feature difference
is for AOO 4.0 Release Content (Compare with OO 3.4). Key features help are
Property Sidebar, Bullets&Numbering Enhancements, DataPilot UX Improvement,
Speaker notes and etc. We already have them in xhp format and would like to
contribute them and translation to AOO4.0.

In the future, we would like to promote the WIKI help console to the
community if appropriate. Since it is more collaborative, but to make it
happen, the file format would be changed into DITA, if anyone is
interesting in it, I would like to provide an article on its details.

Comments?