incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Jing Bai <jingbaibe...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Symphony documentation for AOO?
Date Fri, 17 Feb 2012 15:25:40 GMT
The wikis we use are xpages wikis that run on Domino servers. USA IDC hosts
the WIKI for all Lotus products, such as Lotus Connections, LotusLive,
Symphony, Sametime and etc. There is a STSM named John Hunt who wrote the
code to transform DITA into DXML (the xpages source code) for wiki pages.
Here is one demo on how we publish the product documentation in Wikis:
http://cdcontent.lotus.com/lotused/lnl_doc-to-wiki_enablement/lnl_doc-to-wiki_enablement.htm

Publishing product documentation in wikis lets us provide accessible
documentation in a friendly and easy-to-use format where customers can
comment directly against topics and even update the instructions. Writers
can review that feedback and incorporate appropriate changes into source
files for the next product release. Using wikis lets IBM consolidate
product information while fostering a greater sense of community between
IBMers, business partners, and customers.
We may reuse the WIKI platform in USA IDC, setup one area for AOO if
necessary. I would like to ask USA IDC, if this is feasible.