incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Roberto Galoppini <rgalopp...@geek.net>
Subject Apache OpenOffice Extensions Website restored at SourceForge
Date Sat, 25 Feb 2012 00:34:00 GMT
Hi all,

We migrated the Extensions website over to sourceforge hardware.
We've restored authentication with the openoffice.org accounts, make
some module updates and updated the site to work with PHP 5.3.

As of today, the Extensions website is available at this address
located on our domain, at the following address:

http://aoo-extensions.sourceforge.net.

We've modified it to work under whatever domain name the community
chooses, and we plan to keep the site up and running under the above
domain to allow the community to provide us with feedback and to allow
for time to get the final DNS setup in place. We will work with the
PMCC and theĀ Apache Infra team to point DNS to the new location as
soon as we can.

We are planning to get the Templates website up on sourceforge
hardware one week from today.

Here are some next steps to consider:

1 - Help users to switch their accounts smoothly. We can make sure
that existing users can login using their openoffice.org password and
automatically convert them to local users when they login, so that all
users who logged in to the site before the Oracle shutdown will be
preserved and will be able to see and edit their content.

2 - Help market AOO Extensions and Templates, e.g. interviewing
creators and sharing the news via our media.

3 - Evaluate the upgrade of the Extensions/Templates website from
Drupal 5/6 to Drupal 7, and eventually do it (long term).

We are looking forward to your feedback and suggestions.

Roberto
====
This e- mail message is intended only for the named recipient(s) above. It may contain confidential
and privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient you are hereby notified
that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this e-mail and any attachment(s) is strictly
prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please immediately notify the sender
by replying to this e-mail and delete the message and any attachment(s) from your system.
Thank you.