incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From lifeng wang <phoenix.wan...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Suggest to disable "Edit File" button on toolbar in some cases
Date Thu, 23 Feb 2012 02:34:43 GMT
yes, I mean "Grey" the "Edit File" button on toolbar in some cases.

I was considered the scenario you mentioned before.  This indeed one kind
of scenario.
I was also considered another scenario, when user do some modification and
save, then he want to leave computer to do something else. user want
to exit edit mode to avoid edit by other person. In this case, user need
disable edit function, but need enter edit password when user back to edit.

Another scenario:
 Another edit entry in Text Document(Writer): When open the text document
with edit password protect, right click edit area , there will be Edit
option in context menu to launch enter password dialog. But this option not
exist when text document has no edit password protect.
So, I think When open the file without edit password protect, "Edit File
"button on toolbar need be disabled.

I think ,Need consider whether to provide user more flexibility in edit
protect function,