incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Dave Fisher <dave2w...@comcast.net>
Subject AOO Logo without Incubator? [was: Re: Logo request for website listing money saving software links]
Date Sun, 19 Feb 2012 17:21:45 GMT

and linked to http://www.openoffice.org

>> Speaking of banners - two quick ones for review (sized as standard full
>> and half sized)
>> http://lo-portal.us/aoo/temp/artwork/banners/banner-mountains-469x60.png
>> http://lo-portal.us/aoo/temp/artwork/banners/banner-mountains-234x60.png
>
> Nice, but I would definitely change the URLs to http://www.openoffice.org ; we should
remember that the Incubator period will be temporary and that writing "Incubator" everywhere
will ultimately confuse users (I understand there are a few cases where we do need, by policy,
to use "Incubator" or "Incubating", but I would limit it to those cases).

From what I've seen with other Incubator projects the word "Incubating" or "Incubator" is
not a requirement in the Logo. I think we should have a version of the AOO logo that is plain
and ready to go now.

It is important to acknowledge the Apache Incubator in our releases. This can be done by incorporating
the Incubator Egg Logo instead of adding Incubator to the AOO logo. Note that there are new
SVG and PNG versions of the Apache Incubator logo available here. [1] These were updated just
this week. You will notice that both of the sites are using the new logo.

Regards,
Dave

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INCUBATOR-112