incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From eric b <eric.bach...@free.fr>
Subject [OT] Re: Re[2]: OOo4Kids
Date Sat, 11 Feb 2012 12:50:56 GMT

Le 11 févr. 12 à 13:05, Yakov Reztsov a écrit :

>> Le 9 févr. 12 à 22:33, Rob Weir a écrit :
>>
>>> Hi Eric,

Hello Yakov,

>> Hi Rob,
>>
>>> I finally found a few minutes to take a look at the OOo4Kids
>>> project.
>>> It is a very interesting project.
>>
>> Thank you very much for your time  :-)
>>
>>> I like how it has simplified the UI for younger students and taken
>>> other steps to accommodate their needs.
>>>

>> A lot of the work has been done with students from several engineers
>> schools (UTBM, Centrale Nantes, Epitech Paris, and so on). I mentored
>> most of them on IRC, to understand better the OOo source code, and
>> how to write new code.
>>
>> For the features, we worked with teachers and simple people, who did
>> obvious but relevant remarks. For the curious, the story of the
>> changes, including how things have been done, is written on our wiki
>> (http://wiki.ooo4kids.org).
>
> Hi!
> For ooo4kids.org will be intresting add grammar checker.
> I am testing LightProof grammar checker with ooo4kids.org.

Great :-)

>  LightProof  written in Python.

Should be OK, excepeted on Windows (sorry, I must have a look,
probably a path issue)

> Old version of LightProof  work well with  ooo4kids, but
> exist problem in install extension.
> https://adullact.net/tracker/index.php?
> func=detail&aid=4961&group_id=645&atid=1781
> Ooo4kids  in extensions manager described as OpenOffice.org3.0, but
> It codebase is OpenOffice.org3.2.
>

> For new version of Lightproof (http://www.numbertext.org/
> lightproof/)  exist problem with properties dialog for setup
> lightproof rules.
> Probably  this feature is not implemented in OOo4Kids.

Can you please check whether the version I put there works : http://
ftp.educoo.org/home/Lightproof/ru/  ?

The issue was caused by the dependencies field, and since I removed
it, Lightproof installs without a glitch (tested on Mac OS X ). For
the Windows version, I'll try to figure out what happens asap.
Apologies ffor the delay : I'm only a volunteer, doing everything in
my free time.

Last but not least, I'll be on IRC channel starting tuesday
( server : irc.freenode.net , channel : #ooo4Kids )

Thanks,
Eric

--
qɔᴉɹə