incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Dave Fisher <dave2w...@comcast.net>
Subject Re: update for http://www.openoffice.org/marketing/contacts.html
Date Tue, 21 Feb 2012 17:16:10 GMT

On Feb 21, 2012, at 8:57 AM, Rob Weir wrote:

> On Tue, Feb 21, 2012 at 11:50 AM, J├╝rgen Schmidt
> <jogischmidt@googlemail.com> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I noticed a reference in the readme file to this page [1] with marketing
>> contacts. I think we have to update this page, any volunteers?
>>

> I'd be inclined to remove the entire list of marketing contacts from
> the websiteand just point everyone to the ooo-marketing mailing list.
>
> For the readme file, this is the page we're using for the "get involved" link:
>
> http://incubator.apache.org/openofficeorg/get-involved.html
>
> Maybe we make that be the centralized place we direct new volunteers,
> and then enhance that page with more info overtime.

Discuss, but IMHO - JFDI - Any committer is empowered to make this change. Simply navigate
to the page and start the bookmarklet.

If the time the CMS took in the past has put you off then I would suggest that you try it
again. Joe is continuing to make improvements and the performance should not be too bad.

Best Regards,
Dave