incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Dave Fisher <dave2w...@comcast.net>
Subject Re: openoffice.com link goes to dubious site
Date Thu, 02 Feb 2012 23:10:01 GMT

On Feb 2, 2012, at 2:30 PM, drew wrote:

> checked first thing this morning - no more porn, but then again not a
> mirror any longer either so should still come off the listing.
>
> I don't know if anyone has checked all the other links - if not I can do
> that and believe I have all the access rights needed to edit the page.
> Though in long run not sure that is staying, ASF has a different set of
> mirrors if not mistaken.

These mirrors will exist as long as the owners are willing to continue.

I don't see any reason we would harm the community by stopping links to legacy releases from
that page. So, this will be something to test and prune.

Apache's mirror network is accessible through CGIs that find the nearest / best Apache Mirror
and Infra maintains that list.

There is likely an intersection between the two mirror lists, but that is coincidental.

Regards,
Dave