incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Dave Fisher <dave2w...@comcast.net>
Subject Re: svn commit: r805385 - in /websites/production/ooo-site: ./ content/ content/EN/ content/FAQs/ content/FAQs/ms-access/ content/aa/ content/about/ content/about_us/ content/about_us/people/ content/access/ content/af/ content/am/ content/api/ content/api...
Date Sun, 19 Feb 2012 21:00:13 GMT
Hi Joe,

Thanks for this, but I'm afraid I've things more complicated by using mdtext in the templates
tree. Nothing to do exactly with the Apache CMS as you have it, but as much to do with navigation
elements moving into the content tree where they should be anyway.

templates dave$ find . -name "*.mdtext"
./api/brand.mdtext
./api/leftnav.mdtext
./brand.mdtext
./topnav.mdtext

This means that there are changes for that in view.pm. There will need to be patterns in path.pm
to handle these four elements:

brand.mdtext -> brand.html - this is topnav.
leftnav.mdtext -> leftnav.html - this is separate as breadcrumbs are in between.
rightnav.mdtext -> rightnav.html - this is unused, but this SSI improvement will provide
situation where it makes sense.
footer.mdtext -> footer.html - this is the footer and this is the example driving the question
this time.

view.pm will need to change as it will need to notice the presence of the four types of includes
above and at what level. This is needed to properly put in the path for the include as pushed
into templates/skeleton.html.

> <!-- #include virtual="brand" -->
> <!-- #include virtual="footer" -->
> <!-- #include virtual="api/brand" -->
> <!-- #include virtual="api/leftnav" -->

This will be an excellent improvement and very little will ever be a sledgehammer build until
the next major redesign.

The only question is when I'll have the cycles.

Thanks,
Dave

On Feb 19, 2012, at 12:38 PM, Joe Schaefer wrote:

> Dave the steps are simple:
>
> 1) take the header and footer content out of skeleton.html
> and place them in ./content/ssi/header and ./content/ssi/footer.
> (any extension other than html will work here as well, unless you want to
> change your html pattern in path.pm to exclude things in the /ssi/ dir).
>

> 2) Replace that text in skeleton.html with
> <!-- #include virtual="/ssi/header" --> and
> <!--#include virtual="/ssi/footer" --> respectively.
>
> 3) add a ./content/.htaccess file identical to the one trafficserver uses.
>
> 4) commit these changes and make sure they're right on the staging site.
>
> 5) publish them.

content/FAQs/ content/FAQs/ms-access/ content/aa/ content/about/ content/about_us/ content/about_us/people/
content/access/ content/af/ content/am/ content/api/ content/api...