incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Dave Fisher <dave2w...@comcast.net>
Subject Re: http://www.openoffice.org/
Date Tue, 14 Feb 2012 16:30:15 GMT

On Feb 14, 2012, at 7:35 AM, Armin Le Grand wrote:

> 	Hi Wolf,
>
> On 14.02.2012 14:08, Wolf Halton wrote:
>> On Tue, Feb 14, 2012 at 4:25 AM, Armin Le Grand<Armin.Le.Grand@me.com>  wrote:
> [..]
>> That is the proper landing page for openoffice.org, but we are an
>> incubating podling, so it is valid to have the incubator logos there.
>> This is the Apache incubator main page. http://incubator.apache.org/
>
> Sure, but my question is why is there an OpenOffice.org top-left and openoffive.org usages,
do we not want to change that to the product name which is 'Apache OpenOffice'...?

www.openoffice.org supports the legacy versions. Non-Apache license versions of OpenOffice.org.
When we actually have an Apache OpenOffice release that is when we should perform any branding
changes.

This is the approach that was discussed on the mailing list a few times and also on the ooo-marketing
list.

Regards,
Dave