incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Dave Fisher <dave2w...@comcast.net>
Subject Re: Pootle Data
Date Tue, 21 Feb 2012 17:18:34 GMT

On Feb 21, 2012, at 8:48 AM, Andre Fischer wrote:

> On 21.02.2012 10:32, Raphael Bircher wrote:

>>> Can you explain why?
>> We can upload files, but only one by one over the web UI, and we need to
>> upload a po for each language. This may work if only one po is affected.
>> Else it is much easier to do it over the command line.
>>
>> We have no command line access to translate.apache.org. This is limited
>> to the infrastructure project, and we have no infrastructure commiter at
>> the time. This will maybe change in future, but it takes time.
>
> So this is more an administrational problem than a technical one.  We may have to do
it the manual way, as you have described, at first. But I think we have to aim for an automatic
update process in the long term.

Has Apache Infrastructure recommended the process for Pootle? Is there a reference guide to
the new Pootle server at translate.apache.org? Probably the best place to discuss the technical
process is on the Infra MLs or IRC. AFAIK Gavin was the one who setup this server.

Regards,
Dave