incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Andrea Pescetti <pesce...@apache.org>
Subject Re: How can we get OpenOffice started with Pootle?
Date Wed, 29 Feb 2012 22:34:11 GMT
Rob Weir wrote:
> In any case, I don't see any good reason to hold back Pootle access
> from those who want to start this work now.

Last time I checked, https://translate.apache.org/ (which, if I got it
right, is the candidate Pootle server) only allowed committers to login.
This might be OK in the long run, but it could be a chicken-and-egg
problem for the time being, meaning that people who only help with
translations couldn't make enough contributions so far to be voted in as
committers. Workarounds are possible, anyway: for example, PO files can
be downloaded, translated offline and then attached to an issue.

Regards,
   Andrea.