incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Jürgen Schmidt <jogischm...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: [CODE]: changed about box
Date Wed, 29 Feb 2012 15:10:43 GMT
On 2/29/12 3:32 PM, Jürgen Schmidt wrote:
> Hi,
>
> i have changed the about dialog box a little bit and would like to get
> your feedback.
>
> I added a new key in the version.ini/versionrc
>
> Revision=<svn_revison_number>
>
> But after some experimenting I don't use this key right now but left it
> in the version file for further references to the underlying revision.
>
> I changed the value of buildid in the version file to
>
> e.g. versionrc
> ###
> buildid=340dev1 (Revision:1294675)
> # instead of
> buildid=340dev1(Build:9586)
> ###

I learned from Oliver that the space is not good. The "buildid" from the
version file is used to generate the <meta-generator> entry in the ODF docs.

Example:
OpenOffice.org_project/340dev1$Rev-1294675</meta:generator

That means the space have to be removed and probably more work is
necessary.

Maybe I should switch back to my experiment with the "Revision" key and
adapt the code for the about box.

I will keep you informed ...

Juergen