incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From J├╝rgen Schmidt <jogischm...@googlemail.com>
Subject [CODE]: changed about box
Date Wed, 29 Feb 2012 14:32:30 GMT
Hi,

i have changed the about dialog box a little bit and would like to get
your feedback.

I added a new key in the version.ini/versionrc

Revision=<svn_revison_number>

But after some experimenting I don't use this key right now but left it
in the version file for further references to the underlying revision.

I changed the value of buildid in the version file to

e.g. versionrc
###
buildid=340dev1 (Revision:1294675)
# instead of
buildid=340dev1(Build:9586)
###

The minor.mk includes
###
RSCVERSION=340
RSCREVISION=340dev1(Build:9586)
BUILD=9586
LAST_MINOR=dev1
SOURCEVERSION=AOO340
###

I haven't yet understand completely where the values are used and
decided to adapt the replacement in scriptitems.pm for now.

Ariel mentioned already some problems on windows if we simply change the
4 digit buildid to the svn revision.

In the end I modified my --with-build-version switch and drop the
revision from here. I like the date and time in the about box. As we
have seen earlier today with the windows dev snapshot it can be very
useful to check easy and fast if the correct build were used.

Ok I also changed the background color of this text field because it
looked strange before (at least on MacOS).

The result on MacOS can you review here
http://people.apache.org/~jsc/screenshots/about_dialog.png

More rework on the about box will be done for future versions. But for a
3.4 I think it should be ok now.

Any opinions?

Juergen