incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From imacat <ima...@mail.imacat.idv.tw>
Subject Re: How can we get OpenOffice started with Pootle?
Date Wed, 29 Feb 2012 07:54:33 GMT
On 2012/02/29 10:48, Raphael Bircher said:
> Am 29.02.12 03:09, schrieb Rob Weir:
>> On Tue, Feb 28, 2012 at 8:11 PM, Raphael Bircher
>> <rbircher_aoo@bluewin.ch>  wrote:
>>> Am 29.02.12 01:33, schrieb Rob Weir:
>> In any case, I don't see any good reason to hold back Pootle access
>> from those who want to start this work now.
> The problem is, we have same technical issue to add the files. We have
> to be carefull with the translation files We need exactly the right
> files. Else we will have a load of issues. Wrong translation files can
> finaly crash AOO. The point is simply that I have at the moment not the
> time to care about Pootle. The Release has a much heigher priority
> sorry. And it was not my Idea to bring out the Release so fast. My plane
> was also to setup all the translation before the Releas. But now we have

    I hate to say that, but I think there is an issue here, at least for
zh-TW Traditional Chinese.  Our local community did work hard for 3.4
for the last April (say, sleepless).  It would really disappointed us if
their work was not available for 3.4, since O***** Inc. has already
disappointed them once.

    We need to get 3.4 released as soon as possible, for what?  Because
we need to rebuild the faith people have with the OpenOffice project,
before people losing faith with us, in order to reorganize the local
community.  It's OK to leave some bugs on, but it's *NOT* OK for the
localized version to be not available.  That is *REALLY* serious.

    We could offer help as we can, if needed.

> just not the time for it. I'm also against translation change for 3.4.
> Only if realy nessesary. Translator can do other work at the Moment,

    At least, the data pilot->pivot table change was after we revised
the zh-TW Traditional Chinese translation.  For us, at least we need the
Pootle version in SVN, then revise the "Pivot Table" change.

--
Best regards,
imacat ^_*' <imacat@mail.imacat.idv.tw>