incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Raphael Bircher <rbircher_...@bluewin.ch>
Subject Re: How can we get OpenOffice started with Pootle?
Date Wed, 29 Feb 2012 02:48:37 GMT
Am 29.02.12 03:09, schrieb Rob Weir:
> On Tue, Feb 28, 2012 at 8:11 PM, Raphael Bircher
> <rbircher_aoo@bluewin.ch>  wrote:
>> Am 29.02.12 01:33, schrieb Rob Weir:
>>
>>> The legacy OpenOffice.org project used Pootle for translation
>>> management.  I'm told that we have Pootle server now available at
>>> Apache.  Is that correct?
>>>
>>> What do we need to do get the OpenOffice podling enabled for Pootle?
>>> We have *.po data files to load.  Should we gather them and enter a
>>> Infra JIRA ticket?  Should we also nominate some Pootle admin users
>>> from the project?
>> Ehm... I have allready admin, and I have also command line access to this
>> mashine. But, there are people who want to release soon. Let's focus on this
>> now. If we realy need to change same po files we can do this at the moment
>> with a offline editor. I will care after the release that we have the whole
>> translation online. Maybe also look for a automatic sync with the source. I
>> will talk with infra about this after the Release
>>
> I'd like to move this forward now.  If we're not using Pootle for 3.4
> then there should not be a problem.  Certainly it will not conflict
> with 3.4 if 3.4 is not using Pootle.  But we do have people stepping
> forward now who would like to work on translations.  So maybe this
> allows them to start on translations that could be in a 3.4.1?
>
> In any case, I don't see any good reason to hold back Pootle access
> from those who want to start this work now.
The problem is, we have same technical issue to add the files. We have 
to be carefull with the translation files We need exactly the right 
files. Else we will have a load of issues. Wrong translation files can 
finaly crash AOO. The point is simply that I have at the moment not the 
time to care about Pootle. The Release has a much heigher priority 
sorry. And it was not my Idea to bring out the Release so fast. My plane 
was also to setup all the translation before the Releas. But now we have 
just not the time for it. I'm also against translation change for 3.4. 
Only if realy nessesary. Translator can do other work at the Moment, 
like website translations. It's more important to get the native 
language page update atm.

Maybe Galvin has time, I don't know.


Mime
View raw message