incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Herbert Duerr <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [BUILD] error when building on Ubuntu 12.04 (alpha)
Date Tue, 28 Feb 2012 19:30:40 GMT
On 02/28/2012 07:57 PM, Andrew Rist wrote:
> I am trying to sort out the build on Ubuntu 12.04 and other than
> packaging I have a single issue. (I'm using build --all --html -P4 --
> -P4 , so many packages are built after the initial failure is reached)
>
> In addition to exact causes, I'm also looking for how people are
> debugging (running cmds in isolation, from memory ("I saw something like
> that once"), by Google, etc.) Thus, I'm trying to use this thread both
> to solve this problem, but to also leave a trail for others hitting the
> same or similar issues.

I remember seeing similar problems with missing symbols once and
switching linkers helped. Please run
   ls -l /usr/bin/ld*
and you'll see ld.gold, ld.bfd and ld, the latter one being a softlink
to probably ld.gold. Switching this soft link to point to ld.bfd could
help. It is older and slower, but still more reliable

Herbert