incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Paolo Pozzan <pa...@z2z.it>
Subject Re: [RELEASE]: release platforms, products and languages
Date Tue, 28 Feb 2012 17:47:07 GMT
Il 28/02/2012 17:34, J├╝rgen Schmidt ha scritto:
> On 2/28/12 4:29 PM, FR web forum wrote:
>> <cut>
>>
>>> Languages
>>> en-US de fr es it ja zh-CN pt-BR nl
>>> More languages packs when we have verified the translations and when we
>>> have volunteers who are interested to test these languages. Means we
>>> need volunteers from the local communities who are able to test these
>>> languages. When we see enough support we can also provide full install
>>> sets. We have to figure that out over time. I am not sure right now.
>>
>> Actually in french, this pack is incomplete and unusable.
>> Many strings are not translated.
>> So, we expect Pootle and french .po file to provide a correct
>> translation.
>
> ok, sounds not good. It seems that we have to work on the pootle stuff ...
>
> Do you have local backups or do you know if there was work ongoing for a
> 3.4? I know that many of the French community went to LibreOffice.
>
> Can you maybe also check the data available on
> http://people.apache.org/~af/

Given that with OOo every l10n team had its own workflow, I propose to
populate the Apache instance of pootle server with the translatable
strings of the to-be-released code, then every team should be able to
easily merge the previous translations with the new one.
Either way a similar process is doable with the snapshot of the old
pootle in a somewhat bulkier mode.

BTW, this is my first post in this list. I was the lead translator for
italian OOo (and probably I will be it also for AOO).

Paolo