incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Jürgen Schmidt <jogischm...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: Rebuild localisation (Finnish)
Date Tue, 28 Feb 2012 10:39:29 GMT
On 2/28/12 11:13 AM, rjaaskel@saunalahti.fi wrote:
> Hello from Finland!
>
> I am Risto Jääskeläinen (aka ristoi) and I have translated OpenOfficeorg
> help contents to Finnish up to version 3.3. Now I am keen to start with
> Apache OpenOffice.

welcome at Apache and it's good to hear that you are interested to help
with the localization for Apache OpenOffice.

> Current it seems that most of the active Finnish localisation team went
> to LibreOffice. So there is work to do:
>
> 1) WWW-page is quite ugly after Apache upgrade (needs a committer?)

you mean the Finnish page? It will be probably a good idea to simply
translate the English portal page and sub pages and move local community
specific things into the wiki

> 2) OpenOffice.org 3.3 translation needs to move to Pootle (I too have
> all .po-files in my hard disk if that matter)

as soon as we have it up and running you are welcome to upload these files.

> 3) Translation update to 3.4 level
> 4) Lot of other things
>
> I like to start from number 1 but I think I have no committer authority
> and don't know anybody else with language skils. So I think I need this
> privilege. I have no hurry but I like to know when it is time to start
> this second class localisation.

I am sure others can help here much better than I ;-) But this mailing
list is the place where you can get answers to all of your questions.

Juergen