incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Pedro Giffuni <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Draft blog post on FreeBSD port of AOO
Date Mon, 27 Feb 2012 19:29:23 GMT
On 02/27/12 13:30, Rob Weir wrote:
> This is based on a draft from Maho, with some additional edits from
> me.  Please take a look and suggest improvements:
>
> https://blogs.apache.org/preview/OOo/?previewEntry=apache_openoffice_has_been_ported
If Maho approves, I have some suggestions:

To the end of the first paragraph add " Maintaining this new port
in Apache source tree helps improve the overall portability of
the system and provides another valuable testing environment."

The second paragraph, may sound better "FreeBSD is a free operating
system based on Berkeley's 4.4 BSD source release." Add a last sentence
in that paragraph: "Since the origins of the Internet it has been known
to break ftp performance records and power important sites like Yahoo,
Hotmail and the ASF infrastructure."

change (old) OpenOffice.org --> legacy OpenOffice.org

Instead of MN and PG --> maho@ and pfg@

The FreeBSD team did not create fork. --> The FreeBSD team did not fork.

Perhaps add "In FreeBSD, OpenOffice and LibreOffice porters share their
efforts
in a common mailing list: office@FreeBSD.org.

The "Notably, Jung-uk Kim ..." line should be moved to the end of the
"Historically," paragraph.

"Technically, porting is not difficult."  --> "Technically, porting has
not been very difficult.".
After " ... linux and FreeBSD are very similar", I would add "MacOSX and
FreeBSD also
share many similarities which have helped improve both ports."

I would put that paragraph before the "Since the OpenOffice project
migrated".

> Maybe we could get photographs of Maho and Pedro as well?

Maybe just Maho's since he is the one signing ;).

cheers,

Pedro.