incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Bauer <f...@akerbeltz.org>
Subject Re: [RELEASE]: preparation for our first release
Date Mon, 27 Feb 2012 16:43:53 GMT
> Would it make sense to make localization a more continuous process?
> Like adding a step to the build server to collect new strings daily
> or weekly, upload them to the pootle server, and integrate any newly
> translated strings?
>
> Regards, Andre

Not on a daily basis. If you make things available for translation too
quickly, there's a lot of toing in froing. Say you accidentally commit a
bit of code which requires 20 new strings to be translated. Some teams
will deal with that quickly and if you have to back it out 2 days later,
they will have worked for nothing.

So experimental stuff should not come up for translation straight away.
The thing is, making changed/new strings available fast is not key
really. Between releases, there's not much usually.

Michael