incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Andrea Pescetti <pesce...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [RELEASE]: preparation for our first release
Date Mon, 27 Feb 2012 14:55:53 GMT
On 27/02/2012 Andre Fischer wrote:
> It would help me, for example, if you could describe the localization
> from you POV, like how you down- and later upload data from/to the
> pootle server. When do you start translation, how do you signal that you
> have finished translating and the uploaded data is ready for integration?

This is easy and I can answer it too: Sun/Oracle used to prepare the
data from the sources and uploaded them to a Pootle server; then
translation teams would operate on the PO files (online or offline)
before an announced "translation deadline"; at that point, control was
back in the hands of Sun/Oracle: they used data from the PO files to
repopulate the SDF files used in the source. But this probably adds
nothing to what you already know: in other words, the code<->Pootle
conversions have always been "black boxes" for translation teams.

Regards,
   Andrea.