incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Andre Fischer ...@a-w-f.de>
Subject Re: [RELEASE]: preparation for our first release
Date Mon, 27 Feb 2012 14:27:31 GMT
On 27.02.2012 14:03, Michael Bauer wrote:
> Andre,
>> Your mails arrive out-of-thread and I have no idea who wrote the
>> sentence above. Could you check your mail client?That is a good idea.
>> Please go ahead.
>>
>> The answer to your question is: I did not yet have time for it and
>> nobody else did it. Therefore you are welcome to do it.
>>
>> -Andre
>>
> Sorry, my emails arrive out of thread cause I get the digest and I have
> yet to discover a means of "replying" to specific strings. The post I
> was replying to was by J├╝rgen Schmidt.

I see.  No problem.

> Thank you for the invitation - I'd love to but I honestly don't have the
> right skills. I'm a really good translator but while I have some
> knowledge of localization from the translator's POV, I still can't do code.

And I am a developer with limited knowledge about the localization
process.  Maybe we can help each other.

It would help me, for example, if you could describe the localization
from you POV, like how you down- and later upload data from/to the
pootle server.  When do you start translation, how do you signal that
you have finished translating and the uploaded data is ready for
integration?

-Andre